Re: Running Oracle and SQL Server on the same box

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-12 17:01:50

On 1/12/06, Niall Litchfield wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Mark Brinsmead wrote:
> > Ooh. Oracle on SCO. That (shudder) brings back some memories... Or more
> accurately, recurring nightmares. Did you ever have to install it from
> floppy disks? (Oracle7 for SCO was about 150 floppies, as I recall...)
> >

> I think we threw the floppies out about a year ago.

i was lucky, i got to install v5 on VMS from tapes.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba_at_gmail.com
There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.
    Douglas Adams