RE: Help with 10g AS and OID

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: 2006-01-11 08:50:50

                We are currently in our implementation phase and it is the biggest PITA \
going. We are going for full 4 site, 8 server replication with DR fallbacks, complete with \ full Sign-On and Active Directory integration. Oracle support and consultancy in the UK \ have been absolutely useless, given next to support or guidance, sent us down dead-end \ routes and I have sneaking suspicion have been using us a test bed to see if this works. \
We have even had to write our own AD password syncing DLL to put password changes from AD \
to OID because 9i DB's can't support the Kerberos authentication that AD, OID and 10g DBs \
will support, although Oracle assured us it works fine! Oh and we have just upgraded a 9i \
to 10g, which screwed the OID repository up as you are supposed to un-register before you \
upgrade then re-register afterwards, otherwise you lose all the security settings for that \ DB! Once this SSO "works" will be moving the TNS lookups into it, please spare me a \ prayer! Other than that, it's fine!
                Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

                Seriously, as with all things that can impact the business, before you \
start letting management/sec. officer types get sold on this central management/SSO stuff, \ take a serious long look at what you want and do some very thorough research, we have been \ seriously burned by Oracle over the OID stuff.
                Rgds