GMT date while server is EST - working almost ...

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 23:04:54

My HP-UX server is set at EST time. There are several databases running there. I want \

one (9.2.x) to run at GMT time.  I followed the notes on MetaLink, created a new listener, \
set the TZ variable, etc, and now SYSDATE does resolve out to GMT time.  However, internal \
database time (like jobs running in DBA_JOBS), are still at EST.  I was hoping these would \
run at GMT time as well.

Is this the way it should be? I was hoping that the changes I list above would negate \ this. Any advice?

Thanks.

John Fedock
K Line America, Inc.
john.fedock 'at' us.kline.com Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 23:04:54 CST