Re: GMT date while server is EST - working almost ...

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 23:48:40

GMT date while server is EST - working almost ...> My HP-UX server is set at EST time. There are several databases running there. I want one (9.2.x) to run at GMT time.
> I followed the notes on MetaLink, created a new listener, set the TZ
> variable, etc,
> and now SYSDATE does resolve out to GMT time.

Did you restart the instance after setting the TZ variable? May be It's the sysdate for your current shell, not the the one the database has been started with.

> However, internal database time (like jobs running in DBA_JOBS), are still
> at EST.
> I was hoping these would run at GMT time as well.
> Is this the way it should be? I was hoping that the changes I list above
> would negate this. Any advice?

If you cannot bounce it(production?), set the TZ for your current shell, connect to the database, then drop and re-create the jobs with the correct environment.

Cheers,
Dimitre