Re: As a Oracle professional you should care your image

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 18:31:38

On 1/11/06, Niall Litchfield wrote:

> It might be worth noting that the OakTable is not for hire - though a
> number of its members are, offering in my biased opinion excellent value for
> money. As such it doesn't have a business to benefit. Rather the name
> reflects quite well the spirit and intention of the group. Check out
> http://www.oaktable.net/littleacorns.jsp for more on this.
>
> This particular member would not belong to an organisation that described
> itself rather grandly as 'experts' or 'gurus' or any similar term. I don't
> believe that I would be alone in that.

No Niall, you are not alone in that sentiment.

Self proclaiming oneself an 'expert ' is in poor taste in my opinion and indicates
a serious lack of humility.

Such proclamations are often followed by statements along the lines of "anyone doing it differently than I've demonstrated clearly clearly doesn't know what he is doing".

Your work should speak for itself.

--
Jared Still