RE: failed ASM install

From: <Ravi_Kulkarni_at_Dell.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 23:59:56

Bryan,

Does your OCR still have the ASM info. crs_stat output (better yet, ocrdump output) should reveal it.

Thanks,
Ravi

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bryan Thomas Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:33 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: failed ASM install

Does anyone know how to get rid of a failed ASM instance? There was in issue with DBCA and the ASM instance was unusable.

We cannot create another RAC database because DBCA says the ASM instance is not a clustered database.

This is 10gR2 on SLES 9 SP2+ x86_64.

I have deleted every trace of ASM off the servers and dd'd over the raw devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bryan Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 23:59:56 CST