Oracle RAC, CFS, and NetBackup Media Servers...

From: Loughmiller, Greg <greg.loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 22:24:54

hey guys,

A lot of smart people out there, and was hoping to see if anyone could share a bit of info related to the following topic..

We are going to have a 3 node RAC cluster on Solaris 9, running 9206... and we will be using the Veritas Storage Foundation Suite (SFRAC) as well as Clustered File systems.. and we use NetBackup/RMAN to back up the DB's where the host is a media server (Lun presented to node for use of backups to disk)...

So now the question(s)

  1. Has anyone used a similar infrastructure and used a non-cfs for the LUN presented to the host for the NetBackup Media Server?
  2. Has anyone used such a scenario where the storage (forgive me if I offend some vendors out there) does not support a SCSI-3 Persistence Reservation requirement? (SCSI-3 PR is a requirement for the CFS for split brain,etc)
  3. Any suggestions based on experience in this space would be helpful. This shouldn't be a new problem. But it will be introducing a new Backup/Recovery perspective within our company..

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Greg Loughmiller | Cingular Wireless | 678-893-3217 | gloughmiller_at_imcingular.com | greg.loughmiller_at_cingular.com

Cingular wireless confidential & Proprietary. Use pursuant to Company Instructions. If you have received this email in error, delete the original and any copy thereof.   Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 22:24:54 CST