RE: Oracle RAC, CFS, and NetBackup Media Servers...

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 23:51:24

        2. Has anyone used such a scenario where the storage (forgive me if I offend some vendors out there) does not support a SCSI-3 Persistence Reservation requirement? (SCSI-3 PR is a requirement for the CFS for split brain,etc)

SCSI-III RESERVATION a Veritas only fencing mechanism. I think anyone not using storage testing in Veritas iLAB (therefore not SCSI-3 PR compat)
is very foolish. This requirement does limit the list of supported SAN arrays

There are other CFSes out there that work with all SAN arrays.