Re: As a Oracle professional you should care your image

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 11:31:50

On 1/10/06, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:

> Don't play word games, now I had read how good professionals are
> behind the "Oak TAble", because I read their book (which demonstrates
> a good book is on of the best ways to project a professional image),
> but It tookme years to understand that, the meaning of oak table.
> Instead the Oak Table Group, a name which really gives justice to what
> they really are like "Oracle Expert Professional Foundators and
> visionaries", or "Recognized Oracle Expert Groups" or "Group for
> innovators Oracle Experts", even when none of that names sounds for me
> really good, will give a better idea of what they really are, and can
> cause, the fact of belong to that group be a business benefit instead
> of a simple group identifier.
> Don't think in your friends when you use a name, think first in people
> who will like to hire you.

It might be worth noting that the OakTable is not for hire - though a number of its members are, offering in my biased opinion excellent value for money. As such it doesn't have a business to benefit. Rather the name reflects quite well the spirit and intention of the group. Check out http://www.oaktable.net/littleacorns.jsp for more on this.

This particular member would not belong to an organisation that described itself rather grandly as 'experts' or 'gurus' or any similar term. I don't believe that I would be alone in that.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA