Re: Oracle trace syntax help?...ACTIVE sessions..."library cache" waits"?

From: Chris Marquez <marquezemail_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-09 20:25:48

John,

I have been thinking about this too.
We did move from RAC to non-RAC and on to a new server with faster CPU but same server type.
After the move we did shrink our SGA on the new server, but mostly buffer cache.
I don't know, but don't think the SHARED POOL (170MB) was reduced as a result of this, but I starting to think it is to small (currently 170MB)?

I'm also thinking about "cursor_space_for_time" as suggested, and potentially "_kgl_latch_count" to minimize the latch contention on the library cache latches...but we do use a lot of bind variables in our app...the developers are well trained (generally).

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jan 09 2006 - 20:25:48 CST