Re: temp datafiles not on restore tapes

From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph_at_amalrajinc.com>
Date: 2006-01-06 16:13:01

"J. Dex" wrote: I am trying to stand up a database from a tape restore and rename it. \ The
restore did not include any of the temp datafiles but I think I know what the temp tablespace had been called. How should this be addressed? In the create controlfile script, should I have an alter tablespace petemp add datafile.... or will I have to create a new temp tablespace? Can the temp tablespace be created after the database is opened?

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Tempfiles are not backed up as there is no need to back them up.

  They have to be created after the restore, using
  alter tablespace "temp_tbsp_name" add tempfile '....

  Regards