RE: block a field

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2006-01-06 22:53:46

I stand corrected.
 Column masking is what I did not do in 9i. I had only implemented VPD (for FGAC). So, I \ can't conclusively say that one could modify policies to achieve column masking. I have \ not tested it myself.
  Sorry.

Christian Antognini wrote: Kirti

>VPD (Fine Grained Access Control) is available in Oracle 9i.

You are right. But column masking is only available in 10g. And w/o it, I don't see how \ to solve the problem described by the OP.

Chris

 Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less Received on Fri Jan 06 2006 - 22:53:46 CST