Shrink Temp Tablespace

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: 2006-01-05 23:41:11

Oracle 9.2.0.7

Wanting to shrink the temp tablespace. On metalink I found the 'alter database datafile ' ... ' resize 500m' but this does not work; I guess due to it being a temp tablespace it is not listed in the dba_data_files. The error I get is that there is no datafile with the information I entered. Could not find anything which added temp into the mix.

I found where I can create another temp tablespace, point everyone to that tablespace, and then drop the 'old' temp tablespace. A lot of sugar for a dime it sounds like.

Any other way of doing this?

Thank you in advance,

Laura Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 23:41:11 CST