Re: How to change ASM instance SYS password

From: Phil Jones <phillipjones_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-05 11:26:00

Hi,

I don't have a Unix box with 10g handy to check on, but on my windows box there is a password file in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database directory called PWD+ASM.ORA

Use orapwd to change the password, for example:

orapwd file=PWD+ASM.ora password=ASM123 force=y

To find it on unix should just be a case of:

find $ORACLE_HOME -name "PWD+ASM.ora" -print

I'm guessing it'll be in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

Cheers,

Phil