RE: sudo in script -- automate with password

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: 2006-01-05 08:31:15

        This is my tuppence worth and this may be a statement of the "bleedin' obvious" as we say \ here, but doesn't this kind of defeat the security purpose of sudo? Putting passwords in \ files should always be avoided not only is it a security risk but supposing you are away \ for a week or two, someone changes the password for the target account, next thing you may \ have critical processes failing and no one understand why or where to correct it.