materialized views

From: Edward Lewis <eglewis_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: 2006-01-05 16:53:16

Hello,

     I'm supporting a 3rd party applicaton running on AIX 5.2L with Oracle 9.2.0.7.

     The app makes use of materialized views. Many of them over time become invalid, after which I recompile them and they're fine. But eventually, they become invalid again. The vendor says that this is because the materialized views were imported into the database, and must be refreshed again. I did that, but still have the same problems.

     Any ideas why this happens ?

     I checked v$sql and it appears that the MV's are not being used.
     Is there something else I can check to verify this ?

It appears all the MV's have the following characteristics :
     build immediate, refresh complete on demand.
     Query rewrite is not set in the MV definition.

     Here are the database settings for the following :

      query_rewrite_enabled   =  false
      query_rewrite_integrity =  enforced

Your input is appreciated.

          ed