Script to reverse-engineer tablespaces

From: Lou Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: 2006-01-03 22:21:16

Hi all,

I was looking for a script that would reverse-engineer both locally managed and dictionary \ managed tablespaces.

I have inherited some older databases that have a mix of both DMTs and LMTs (don't ask why \ ;) and I would like to capture the tablespace definitions in a file format. One of the \ things that I would also like to do over time is migrate all of the DMTs to LMTs, so this \ script would be very helpful in identifying the mixed databases and the tablespaces.

I found a couple of scripts that could handle both formats up on \ http://www.dbasupport.com, but they both seem to not be working as posted. There is a \ script there for LMTs that works. I also have some older scripts that work well with \ DMTs. It's the databases with both types of tablespaces that are troublesome.

If anyone has some links that they could send along, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lou Avrami