Restoring database with .Z files

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-03 18:01:17

I am trying to restore a large database from disk and the backups files are on a UNIX box and have a .Z extension. I want to decompress them to another directory leaving the input files unchanged. I've tried a couple different option flags and I am still not getting the result that I want.

Typically, I am used to working with gunzip. This is how I do what I want in gunzip
gunzip -dc /d01/restore/control01.ctl.gz > /d02/oradata/dbname/control01.ctl

Does anyone know what the equivalent of doing this is with regular .Z files?

Thanks.