RE: Cluster file systems versus raw devices in Oracle RAC

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 2005-12-30 16:12:49

Have you seen/implemented EFSCG for Oracle databases ? At 03:51 AM Friday, Kevin Closson wrote:

If you want a single file
served by multiple scalable NAS heads without replication overhead, you have to use the EFS.CG. It is the only product out there that does it.

I found the HP gateway with
Google pretty quickly:

On 12/29/05, Kevin Closson
&lt;mailto:kevinc_at_polyserve.com&gt;
wrote:

what does "NFS of
CFS" mean? Exporting a CFS? Yeah, that's

being done. It's called the StorageWorks Enterprise File Server Clustered Gateway

by HP. Up to 16 nodes of scalable NFS with transparent NFS client failover in the

event a NAS head should fail. And when I say transparent, I mean it. Oracle

CRS, and database processes have no idea that the NAS head serviing up their

files has died. Not exactly the typical filer experience. Yeah, I know you can "cluster"

and replicate filers. The HP EFS/CG requires no replication for this high availability/

scalability. Want to know how I know ?

Hemant K Chitale
</a>