Re: Saving Backup Errros inside the db

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-28 03:13:09

Hi,

I guess you can use the following logic.

  1. You can provide log file name in the RMAN command line.
  2. Generate a unique log file name for every RMAN backup operation.(say Date)
  3. Once the RMAN backup is over, execute another shell script that accepts this RMAN logfile name as parameter and uploads this text file into the database.( Use DBMS_LOB)
  4. If you have a catalog database, you can create a new schema that maintains these log files.
  5. Create one more shell script that accepts the unique log file name can download the file name from the database to a predefined directory for reviewing

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar