Re: Cluster file systems versus raw devices in Oracle RAC

From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: 2005-12-27 02:15:20

If CFS'es were all fantastic, then there'd be no need for raw. But CFS'es can be a real pain, and you'd better believe you'll have another layer of complexity on your hands no matter which one you choose. And some of them don't really qualify as CFS, but only as C(luster), since not everything can move under the CFS umbrella, and thus it's not really an FS.

As for performance, there can be benefits had from going raw. And the opposite. It depends.

Mogens