Re: CPU speed comparison

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2005-12-24 01:31:03

You need to consider *much* more than just CPU speed. Cache size, system (mainboard) architecture,
and dozens of other factors and components also matter.

That said, you can probably find the numbers you need for *rough* comparisons at
http://www.spec.org.

I presume you'll be interested in multi-processor systems -- so you'll probably want to look at
SPECrate benchmarks.