Re: rman policy

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: 2005-12-24 02:57:57

Mark, Inessa. all

That (the retaining of logs) depends on whether you specify LOGS or NOLOGS with the keep option. You can also change the keep property later with the change command.
Of course, once you set, or changed, a backupset to NOLOGS and some ( > 0 ) of the logs have been deleted from the catalog there is no point in switching back to LOGS - even if rman will let you (haven't tried that (yet)).

At 05:11 PM 12/23/2005, Mark Brinsmead wrote:
>This ought to be doable. (Refer to Wolfgang's advice.)
>
>I have a funny feeling that this might also induce RMAN to retain all
>archivelogs for three years. (I'm assuming your backups are online.)

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com