Re: changing archive from noarchive

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: 2005-12-23 17:09:57

You're missing "startup mount"; "alter database archivelog" and "alter database open" \ after shutdown immediate.

But if you're doing it the first time, make sure you understand the concepts of \ archivelogging and online backups (if you're gonna do those) first. docs.oracle.com will \ help (backup & recovery guide).

Tanel.

  hi all,

  This is the first time, I am going to put one production server, which is running in \ Active-Passive cluster, in archivelog mode from noarchive log mode. As I said since this \ is the first time , I am going to do this , so I don know what are the changes required. \ My plan is as :

  1. setting log_archive_dest,log_archive_format & log_archive_start parameters in \ init.ora/spfile.ora on both the nodes
  2. connecting to oracle server with sys/pass_at_string as sysdba
  3. shutting down the database using SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
  4. starting the database normally using STARTUP

  Do I need to do something else??? Plz. sugges.

  --
  Thanks & Regards,
  T. Onkar Nath

         to_onkar_at_yahoo.com