Re: HMP support in 10g RAC

From: <gparc_at_free.fr>
Date: 2005-12-22 10:19:31

Sriram,

even on PA-RISC, HMP seems also not supported with 10gR2. See : Oracle Clusterware and Oracle Real Application Clusters

      Installation Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for HP-UX
      B14202-03 (December 2005)

Note: UDP is the default interconnect protocol for RAC, and TCP is the interconnect protocol for Oracle Clusterware. Token-Ring is not supported for the interconnect. At the time of this release, Hyper-Messaging Protocol (HMP) is not supported.

Selon Sriram Kumar :

 Hi Gurus,

 We are presently using a HP Itanium2 cluster running Oracle 9i RAC. We are  to migrate soon to 10g RAC. Was surpised to find a note in metalink that  says that HMP is not supported in Oracle 10g RAC. Note id 220970.1

  Is HMP supported with 10g on all HP platforms ?

 When we migrated to Oracle9i RAC, we were said (rather pushed) that  HMP would be much better that UDP and we bought expensive HyperFabric  switches and now Oracle cooly says HMP is not supported now we will  have to run UDP on these HyperFabric switches

 Thought this would help others in the list using HMP or planning to  buy Hyper Fabric

 Best Regards

 Sriram Kumar