export a windows database from linux

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: 2005-12-22 18:08:35

Source database is 9.2.0.6 on windows. Target is 9.2.0.7 on Linux. Instead of exporting on windows, ftp'ing the dump to Linux and then running an import. Could I run export on Linux against the Windows database. This would eliminate the ftp step since going right to the linux system during the export.

Usually want export to be same version as the database, but since both 9i, could I do this?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113 Received on Thu Dec 22 2005 - 18:08:35 CST