HMP support in 10g RAC

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-12-21 22:20:39

Hi Gurus,

We are presently using a HP Itanium2 cluster running Oracle 9i RAC. We are to migrate soon to 10g RAC. Was surpised to find a note in metalink that says that HMP is not supported in Oracle 10g RAC. Note id 220970.1

 Is HMP supported with 10g on all HP platforms ?

When we migrated to Oracle9i RAC, we were said (rather pushed) that HMP would be much better that UDP and we bought expensive HyperFabric switches and now Oracle cooly says HMP is not supported now we will have to run UDP on these HyperFabric switches

Thought this would help others in the list using HMP or planning to buy Hyper Fabric

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar Received on Wed Dec 21 2005 - 22:20:39 CST