Re: Oracle 10g RAC installation

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: 2005-12-21 21:13:30

I've been looking into NBD (network block device) a bit, this works for RAC as well.

I think NBD or NFS solutions are better than Firewire (not just costwise), with single external firewire disk you'll be awfully IO bottlenecked, especially when you have multiple instance's redologs on it (which you have to have there). Thus you can't really do any performance benchmarking with it.

With NBD, for example, you could configure your block device server to provide write cache (even if it itself does have only a single disk), with experimental system you can take the risk of having to restore your db from backup in event of failure..

Tanel.