RE: Oracle 10g RAC installation

From: Sanjay Mishra <>
Date: 2005-12-21 21:51:49

Thanks Pete for your advice

Pete Sharman  wrote:                As someone already said, whatís wrong with the doc?  \
Iíve had to install from scratch (literally, with 4 node clusters talking to each other \ but thatís it) which entailed doing all the pre-install config (checking for packages and \ so on Ė cluvfy is your friend for this!), doing the install, patching for a \ specific issue with using multipath devices, then upgrading both the CRS and DB kernels to \, installing ASMLIB and creating a database, and even without any time constraints \ completed that in about half a day.

  Most of my time constraints have been from using VNC Viewer here in Oz to machines \ located in the US during the install. A week is plenty of time.

  Since youíre using RH4, donít forget to change the permissions in \ /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions for the OCR/voting devices.

  Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"
  Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA