RE: Oracle crashes on Windows shutdown

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: 2005-12-21 22:45:07

Thanks Paul. Good info, but I'm specifically asking with the assumption that there are no \ hardware problems - just a normal Windows shutdown forcing Oracle to terminate abnormally. \  If you lose your controlfile or redo logs, have write errors, etc. - then you've got \ serious problems regardless of whether or not Oracle shuts down cleanly before Windows \ kills it.

I'm not trying to advocate abnormal shutdowns - just curious.

Thanks,
Brandon

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message or attachments \ hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email \ for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message \ that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither \ given nor endorsed by it.