Re: RE: OT: Redhat linux install issues

From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2005-12-19 22:28:23

I think that the idea here is to bypass the "GUI" Linux installer, but to eventually install and run X-windows in the final configuration.

In a lot of cases, this *will* work. The "GUI"-based Linux installer uses a stripped-down X-windows configuration that *should* work on most hardware, but it can fail on hardware where a more fullfeatured  X-windows environment will still work.

The suggestion is reasonable.

('Course, I still like VMware, especially on laptops where "unusual" hardware can be a major issue.)