Re: V10.2.0 (SE) database creation from dbca script(s)

From: sol beach <sol.beach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:49:57 -0800

I want to thank all who have replied (so far) & am still hoping to find a solution.
I know for a fact that during the dbca wizard, one pane has a a pull down selector.
The default value is/was Enterprise Edition & the pulldown allowed to select Standard Edition.
The following is how I differentiate between the two.
>From the instance that I created yesterday when invoking SQL*PLUS I see:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

>From the instance that was created by dbca & selecting Standard Edition I
see:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

without the additional Enterprise options listed! FWIW - select * from v$version;
returns identical information from both 10gR2 instances.