Re: V10.2.0 (SE) database creation from dbca script(s)

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:12:36 -0600

No, you didn't miss anything. Whether your database is SE or EE depends on what version of the software you have installed in your ORACLE_HOME. For instance, you could "upgrade" an SE database just by installing EE in a separate home and moving the database to that home directory. No other database changes required.

On 12/15/2005 2:59 PM, Peter Sylvester wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but I recently did a 10.2.0.1 SE
> install on Linux and created a custom database using dbca, and I don't
> recall seeing anything regarding coosing between SE versus EE within
> dbca. (I know there is that option for the *software* install).
>
> I believe I created an SE database, as here's whats in v$version:
>
> SQL> select * from v$version;
>
> BANNER
> Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production
> TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
>

> --Peter

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator