RE: export error for duh Gurus

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:47:44 -0700

I had a very similar problem a while back. Look at patch # 3352413 on metal ink.
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Yongping Yao Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:22 AM To: sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: pga_aggregate_target

I think Expert Oracle: Database Arichitecture Chapter 3 (or 4 I don't have it in hand) will help you.

On 12/13/05, The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        Hello List,

	I was little confused about the settings of pga_aggregate_target
	parameter. I was in a assumption that when we set this parameter
to a
	certain value, the usage of pga wont go beond this value. I have
set
	pga as 3gb to one of my business critical database. Recently, I
have
	found that max pga allocation was 4+ Gb. My boss askmed me, why
the
	hell it takes more than what we have defined. I explained him
saying
	that oracle might taken it from the OS to finish the necessary
	request. His immediately counter question was, then what is the
use of
	setting pga_aggregate_target parameter? When oracle allocates
and
	de-allocated the memory (pga) as per requirements.
	Is it expected behaviour that oracle takes sometime more that
the
	value defined for pga? If so, what is the benift of setting
value for
	pga?
	Thanks for your time.

	--
	Best Regards,
	Syed Jaffar Hussain

	"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Yao Yongping
Learning Oracle, UNIX/Linux...
Love Reading, Classical Music, Philosophy, Economics etc.
Blog:   http://spaces.msn.com/members/yaoyp/

sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by