RE: replication

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:54:17 -0500

One of the ways to archive/purge data based on time interval: 1. Tables should be partitioned by date-type column; 2. When it comes time to purge data, exchange data in partition to be purged with the table in "transportable" tablespace, then drop this partition.
3. Move transportable tablespace to "archive" system, attach. 4. Exchange data in the table in transportable tablespace with the partitioned table, which stores archived data.

So, you should start reading about Partitioning and Transportable tablespaces.

Igor