RE: export error for duh Gurus

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:21:50 -0500

Muh database too has been suffering from occasional similar failures. Version 9.2.0.5. Solaris 8. HAve been asked by Oracle to upgrade to the latest patchset, or to do conventional export, instead of direct. I decided to live with the occassional error. Usually, once a month.

                      "Spears, Brian"
                      <BSpears_at_Limitedbr        To:       <mark.powell_at_eds.com>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                      ands.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: export error for duh Gurus
                      oracle-l-bounce_at_fr
                      eelists.org

                      12/13/2005 05:13
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      BSpears

It's highly sensitive production db...

I cannot implement new datapump right now..It's just the nature of the environment here. Yes the conventional exports with direct=y ... If it wakes me up again, I will try the direct=N