RE: RAC on extended distance clusteres

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:09:07 +1100

Whenever I see someone wanting to use RAC on extended clusters, I have to ask why. It seems people try to use this as a cheap way to provide DR and HA in one foul swoop. I've yet to see anyone succeed in doing HA/DR on the cheap (though that's not for want of people trying!)

I guess I remain to be convinced there's a need for this sort of thing. But then I'm a purist at heart and don't like seeing people using one technology to do two different things that it wasn't really designed for in the first place. :)

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA