Re: Way to create large block size under LINUX for ORACLE dataabase??

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:51:49 -0800

The matrix above is out of date. At least for Ext3Filesystem, single file can be much larger than 2gb. And solaris should only support 4k/8k blocksize?(even for vxfs).

Bigger blocksize doesnot always means better performance. And if you really want big block size, you can always go with raw device. Which does not have such a concept.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao