Re: Basic Sqlldr question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:50:04 -0800

What Jonathan said:

>From the SQLLDR reference:

"A string within double quotation marks cannot be embedded inside another string delimited by double quotation marks."

A test on 10.2 verified that at least under some circumstances, a string delimited by double
quotes and embedded within another double quote delimited string could be loaded, but
the quotes were removed.

In this case the double quotes appeared in succession at the end of the string: eg. data"","

You might like to look at the SQL*Loader Control File reference in the Utilities manual.

HTH Jared

--
Jared Still