DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS samples only BADSTATS

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:24:42 +0100

The same 9.2.0.4 instance on Solaris 8 (do you remember the "hash join vs nested loops" thread :)) Trying to gather system statistics in a period with common workload, CPU load 30-70%, only one instance on this node. I get only BADSTATS.

Metalink says that we have BADSTATS when:

=> collection is completed but not pertinent, because there was no workload

      that could justify any statistics

=> start the collection again when the workload is relevant.

Tried with interval 5 min,15 min, 1h, 2h, 8h, and I get only BADSTATS. Tried auto(interval)and manual(start/stop) mode, always BADSTATS.

I'll try with an interval > 8h, but, meanwhile, any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov