Re: Can IP addresses be audited in Oracle

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:20:10 -0500

I won't ask why your manager wants IP addresses auditied. I hope that he is aware that, with most Windows environments, the IP address is dynamically allocated at logon to the network and thus is not fixed to a specific workstation. Also, if you have a private network behind a switch the only IP address exposed to the outside world, i.e., Oracle, is the switch's IP address.

Terminal Id or OS Username are much more useful in my opinion but managers know best.