RE: How about just open one node of RAC in read write mode, others in read only mode?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:46:02 -0500

I don't know whether that is possible, but it would be far easier to simply route only read only jobs to the non-writer instances. Without either agreeing or disagreeing with your premise, I think this would allow you to achieve what you are trying to achieve so you can assess whether your throughput increases in that model. You'll have to do the routing work anyway, lest write jobs land on a read only instance and go splat with an error. This model would be more forgiving, and you could monitor redo generation on the "intended read only" instances to check for unintended update jobs that land there.

Sounds like an interesting experiment, especially if you have captured your current throughput in a way useful to compare against the new way.

Regards,

mwf