reboot -f broken

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:13:25 -0500

When the css daemon detects a connectivity problem in a RAC cluster, it reboots the node using 'reboot -n -f'. Our systems (RedHat AS3) are having a problem with this reboot command. The node is not rebooting, it is coming down in a halt state. At least that is what I have been told, it might very well be hanging while coming down to reboot. Our SA says this problem exists for RedHat and FC3. It is also there for various hardware platforms. Has anyone else seen this before?

Henry