Re: Bug regarding logical standby

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:37:24 -0800

Laimutis Nedzinskas wrote:

> First of all, even as of version 10g R1, the same Oracle generated temp
> tables problem(grants, etc) persists. For 10g the Recycle bin (which can
> be disabled) is not supported too.
> Skip NON_SCHEMA_DDL does help but what about integrity?

[...]
> We have encountered bug 4075120 when trying to get our logical standby
> working.
>
> Basically, the logical standby fails to skip ddl (such as grants)
> related to temp tables

[...]

The suggestion was just a work-around for a bug -- agreed that it is still a bug!

Ideally, integrity is enforced on the primary, not the logical standby.   The other part of the work-around is to bypass the guard if needed (DBMS_LOGSTDBY.GUARD_BYPASS_ON) and update the non-schema DDL directly on the logical standby.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com