RE: auto start of listener with pwd

From: Eric Buddelmeijer <Eric.Buddelmeijer_at_elegant.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:06:46 +0100

You can use 'save_config' in lsnrctl after setting the password. The password will be saved in your listener.ora and be encrypted I seem to remember. The listener will know how to start, but you must supply the password to stop or alter the listener.

There is a good article in an old issue of oracle magazine by Arup Nanda that I used when I set up listener protection. But I only have a hard copy. And of course not with me at the moment.

Regards,
Eric.