RE: event 10079 question

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:14:35 +0100

Raj

>I have a remote user who often complains about slowness, sometimes it
>is network, sometimes it isn't. Network guys are doing their bit to
>identify, I need to do my bit. will a trace with 10046 and 10079
>highlight any network issues?

IMHO event 10079 it's not very helpful. Ok, you can get the size of the packets, and eventually discover you are sending lot of unnecessary data through the network. But even if you dump the data you are not able "see" why the connection it's slow.

HTH
Chris

PS: sorry for the previous email... I sent it in plan text and, therefore, I don't understand what happened.