RE: Can IP addresses be audited in Oracle

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:24:15 -0700

sys_context will give that information and more. -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Randy Samberg Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:13 PM To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: Can IP addresses be audited in Oracle

Hello guru's,

Does anyone know if there is any way to get the ip address of someone that is logged into Oracle. My manager wants to audit users logging into our Lawson database running on Oracle. He said he wants user, login time, logout time, and ip address. I know that if you turn on auditing, you can get a login and logout time, but this slows down Lawson, and does not give an ip address. The ip address seems to be the most important thing to him. I looked at all the dynamic views, and none of these give that information. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Randy

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.