maximum number of handles under an oracle.exe process (10gR1 w2k adv svr)?

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:28:50 -0500

Just polling ...

What is the maximum number of handles under an OS process (namely, oracle.exe) that any of you have come across running Oracle 10g R1 std ed on win32 OSes (10.1.0.4)?
I've never seen a published maximum value.

Addition of concurrent users and datafiles to a stable system may have had a de-stabilizing effect now, or perhaps might in the near future. More than likely, its a memory allocation/consumption issue. I just wanted to rule out handles as a contributing factor.

I'm hoping that someone has bumped into this before and is willing to share.

thanks,

Paul

Aside #1 - win32 vs lin32
Apparently, RHEL or SuSE is not an option in the case

Aside #2 - memory
I am familiar with the limits for process/virtual memory on this OS. pga_aggregate_target, workarea_policy='AUTO'. orastack.exe has not been run against the oracle.exe executable, but that is being considered.
335 concurrent dedicated server sessions were being supported without error in the past.

Aside #3- application change
A recent app update likely has caused an increase in memory consumption.

Aside #4 - usage change
A Monday after a 4 day holiday weekend likely caused an increase in application usage.