DBMS_LDAP question

From: Thomas Jeff <jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:26:55 -0500

All,

I'm a bit confuzzled. I'm writing a PL/SQL package to access our OID repository
using DBMS_LDAP. When I try to issue the following code fragment to modify
the 'displayname' attribute for my entry, I get the error as below. It looks
as though this code is trying to *add* instead of *modify* the entry.

Appreciate any ideas -- it does not seem like DBMS_LDAP is widely used, let alone
well-documented.

g_my_mod_array := DBMS_LDAP.CREATE_MOD_ARRAY (1);
g_my_vals(1) :=  'Jeffery D Thomas';
DBMS_LDAP.POPULATE_MOD_ARRAY (g_my_mod_array,  DBMS_LDAP.MOD_REPLACE,
'displayname', g_my_vals);
l_retval := DBMS_LDAP.modify_s (g_my_session, g_my_dn, g_my_mod_array);
LDAP User                : cn=orcladmin,cn=users,dc=indy,dc=tce,dc=com
LDAP Base                : cn=users,dc=indy,dc=tce,dc=com
g_my_DN: cn=Thomas Jeff,cn=users,dc=indy,dc=tce,dc=com Global Return Value : 0
Local Return Value :
Error code : -31202
Error Message : ORA-31202: DBMS_LDAP: LDAP client/server error: Type or value
exists. Attribute displayname is single valued.

Thanks!

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Enterprise Database and Middleware Services Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net

Documentation available at:
http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba