RE: Reconfigure OCFS 1.0.14

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:47:54 -0500

Steve,

First let me say that I have OCFS 1.0.13 (and OCFS 1.0.12) with 9205.

But I have been exactly in your position...it was a while back but let me try.

[ btw, I found OCFS GUI not very useful nor a *complete* utility to the command line options...still Oracle Support pushed me to use it...I did not...I gave up on it.]

>>I finally got the old nodes to go away but
>>I had to reformat the volume I used for ocfs.

Yes with no where to turn and no help, saddly I (incorrectly) did the same thing. In my case I think we changed (interconnect) IP's (after a fried mother board with embed NIC) which is also a big "no, no" with OCFS...and we had problems with duplicate "node numbers" (as seen in) "tuneocfs" output because we "regen" new config file. Our solution was to; explicitly reclaim the old node number by specifying "-o reclaimid" in the mount command as follows:

      mount -t ocfs -o reclaimid /dev/sda1 /o01

However in your case you could have simply removed the old/unwanted entries shown in tuneocfs output (for each disk/mount device);

---tuneocfs -l /dev/sdc1
tuneocfs -l /dev/sdX ==> lists all the nodes configured tuneocfs -N <nodenum> /dev/sdX ==> clears the appropriate entry. You can delete the spurious entry using tuneocfs like so: "tuneocfs -N 1 /dev/sdc1"

[root_at_db01 root]# tuneocfs -l /dev/sdc1

 # Name                             IP Address      IP Port Node GUID
 = ================================ =============== ======= ================================
 0 db01                             192.168.12.40   7000    621F2EEDBB65697D877F000F1F6EE4EE
 1 db02                             192.168.12.41   7000    A2790979698C1CBA42F7000F1F6EE56D

[root_at_db01 root]# tuneocfs -N db01 /dev/sdd1 Clearing node number 0 used by node db01 Proceed (y/N): y
Changes written to disk.

I found this to be helpful; "OCFS_Users_Guide.doc" Also I made myself some personal notes I titled;

	OCFS & Network Interface Card - ocfs_uid_gen - tuneocfs.txt
	OCFS Commands.txt

I will send them to you off line.

hth

Chris Marquez